After a long time hiding in the corners of the Arcade, Pixie Dust Shootout is finally making its return! This is one of a few new games coming to the Arcade server in celebration of our 5th Anniversary!
Right now, we have 2 classic maps from the old game (Endor and Wonderland) as well as a brand new map (Nemo). Our team is already working on more maps; they will be changed regularly!
It’s been so long since this game was last playable, most of our current Guests don’t know what it is or how to play it. So, here’s an explanation of how the game works:
- When you join, you can choose to join either the Yellow team or the Purple team.
- If you don’t choose a team, you’ll be sorted onto one when the game starts.
- After the game starts, you get a Pixie Wand to shoot Pixie Dust at the other team!
- Once you shoot, you have to wait a certain amount of time to shoot again.
- This time can be changed by purchasing different delays at the Shop Manager in the Arcade.
- During the game, you can launch yourself into the air by double-pressing the space bar.
- You’re limited to a certain amount of double jumps during the game, so use them wisely!
- Get double-jumps by purchasing more to start with at the Shop Manager in the Arcade.
- Power-Ups spawn throughout the game. Here’s the different kinds you can get:
- Extra Double Jump: Exactly what it says.
- Launch: When activated, launch the opposing team into the sky!
- Seeker: Next time you shoot, it targets the nearest opposing player for you!
- Here’s how you earn money:
- $1 for every 2 players you hit
- $1 each time a Power-Up is used
- $5 for being on the winning team
- The first team to 50 hits wins!
That’s how the game works. You can play now by visiting the Arcade (/join Arcade) and going to the Pixie Dust Shootout lobby (/hub pixie). Have fun!